150 X 25MM ORANGE HOOK AND LOOP COMPOUNDING FOAM FIRM RECESSED
Easy balance firm recessed foam sponge
with added protection from the backing pad
The foam ‘walls’ around the recessed centre of the sponge and provides a protective barrier between the edge of the backing pad and the work surface.
Removes micro-marring from cutting process.
What is polishing?
A polishing compound rubbed against a painted surface acts like an abrasive and removes microscopic layers of paint to even out the surface. It is this process that removes the appearance of dullness and scratches.
Automotive paints generally have 3 layers:
- Primer layer - Bonding agent and prevents rust
- Base coat - Colour layer
- Clearcoat - Top protective layer
The clear coat is the layer on the car that will be polished and is extremely thin - about half the thickness of a piece of paper. It is possible to remove scratch marks if you can't feel them with your fingernail. Scratches deeper than the clearcoat won't be corrected by polishing.
It is highly recommended to invest in a paint thickness gauge to measure the thickness of the clearcoat. The polishing process should never remove the clearcoat.
Processes in polishing:
- Cutting - Aggressive compounding for severe paint correction. Hard foam sponge with Liquid Shine High-Cut.
- Compounding - Clean up micro-marring from cutting process. Firm foam sponge with Liquid Shine Fine-Cut
- Polish - Removes dullness, holograms and swirl marks. Medium/Soft foam sponge with Liquid Shine Zero Swirl
- Glazing - A protective wax or sealant. Ultra soft foam sponge.
Foam sponge colour application chart:
Flexipads was founded in 1974 in the South West of England by Brian Jeans. The company develops a high-end range of consumables designed for heavy industrial work and automotive refinishing.
Flexipads owns several patents to offer solutions to professionals in need of highly efficient and safe products.
|consider safety for your health and the people around you|
General safety suggestions:
It is advisable to always have the following items nearby and in a good condition